+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    :up:

n00b
    So I bought a torch...One of the Bernzomatic 'fat boy' MAPP torches. Should do what I need to do. We'll see how long a tank lasts.

Also bought clamps...Ordered tonight, from (shock shock) McMaster-Carr...50x 5/8" OD Rubber-cushioned Loop Clamp Zinc-plated Steel, Epdm Cushion, P/N 3225T5, and the same thing in 7/8", P/N 3225T7.

All I need now are screws to hold boards on the wall, screws to hold the clamps on the boards/wall and time to start building. Hooray. I'll probably post pics as I build, and maybe a video of the first time I put air under pressure in the system...So if something blows up there'll be LOL-worthy evidence.

You sound like you have put enough thought into it that you shouldn't have a problem

n00b
    Anyone ever try a chop saw on copper tubing? How well did it work for you? I have a 14" chop saw and a much smaller one...The smaller one would be a lot more convenient.

you saw nothing....
    you could but a pipe cutter works nicer and usually makes the end smaller by rolling it..

n00b
    Clamps arrived. They look great. Now all I need are screws for the 2x4s to the wall and clamps to the 2x4s or wall...And flux. Then, I build.

n00b
    Ridiculous...I found screws at Lowe's for holding the 2x4s to the studs in the wall, but nothing adequate enough for my tastes to hold the clamps to the 2x4s. So...Back to McMaster-Carr! Will post when I order something...

n00b
    Well...That wasn't hard. McMaster-Carr P/N 95526A100 (Hot-Dipped Galv STL Hex Flange Head Lag Screw 1/4" Diameter, 1" Length, packs of 100) ordered. Hex head, so I can drive them with a drill. Hopefully the 1/4" screw fits through the 17/64" holes in the clamps. We'll see.

I should be able to start building now.