+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I should mention I got mine with 7,500 miles because the military is phasing out these trucks for a newer generation of vehicle. Given the M35 series truck was designed in the 1940's, it's probably a good thing. (My truck is the second generation of M35 series truck. Hence the A2 designation. It was built in 1978.)

The newer generation truck has some cool features, CTIS (central tire inflation system) so you can air up or down the tires as you are driving, automatic transmission, power steering and it wouldn't surprise me if they had air conditioning. My truck has none of that. When the nukes fall, my truck will still run. Heck, I've even got CARC paint on it. (Chemical Agent Resistive Coating)

The price of the truck is what will really get you. I only paid:

Spoiler!

...for it! Of course there was an additional $2,000 to get it shipped from Utah to Washington State. I didn't want to drive it because those military auctions tell you NOTHING about the truck. All they said was it started. Nothing about whether or not it stopped, did the tires hold air? Did the tranny work? It was a real gamble, but paid off in the end. I had to replace the in tank fuel pump ($250) and one axle seal. ($200)

78 AM General M35A2 deuce and a half - 03 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE
    ~~ Preparing for the inevitable zombie apocalypse since 2009 ~~

Thats really cool. A local used car dealer has one on the lot and I was wondering about that stuff. With me getting a new f-150 soon I doubt I can talk my wife into going along with it though.

2012 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed

Nope, probably not....you should get rid of her....on the other hand, she does make you sammiches... and probably has one or two redeeming qualities so maybe keep her around for another year or two.

and yes that is really cool.

But think of the huge amount of ass you could get in one!

~Matt Booker

Honey I really think we need a military vehicle in case of war or zombie attack.

2012 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed

Because zombie apocalypse.

Racecar?

The Raptor is a frivolous project at a time when Ford has no business screwing around with frivolous projects. As such, it's the best kind of vehicle one built with damn-the-torpedoes passion. In a rational world, it wouldn't exist. Thank God we don't live in a rational world.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface88 View Post
    Because zombie apocalypse.
    ^^^ THIS EXACTLY!

I'll be laughing all all you zombie bait as I make my way across the country to a secret military installation with my 6 wheel drive and runs on anything flammable truck.

Good news everyone! I just got a followup email and need to schedule an interview with the local Post Master.

That's one more step closer to working for The Feds.

Wow, your post offices are hiring? Must be need-based, because they're in hiring freeze mode here for the last year and a half.