+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Ford Crown Victoria was the best car ever made

She may not have been the fastest out there, she may not have been the most fuel efficient, the most stylish, the most luxurious...

But the Crown Victoria was the last true Full-framed American V8 Sedan. If you don't have a place in your heart for these cars, you've either never driven one or you're a drooling moron.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

I will one day have a box Town Car. Until then, everything else is just filler. RIP Panther chassis.

I'm going to find one. Then I'm going to buy it and love it forever.
    "Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one." - Bill Hicks

Will you carry Ray Bans and a Neuralizer too?

I had an 88 Crown Vic in high school.

But then I totaled it on a snowy road. Going around a curve too fast, I started sliding and headed for a tree... I managed to get it turned around and the rear of the car took out a rustic wood fence, sliding along it 'til that tree brought the car to a stop.

I looked back and there was a gnarled limb reaching through the back glass, just inches from the back of my head. It looked like a cadaverous arm, wicked and jagged and pointing at me.

If I hadn't got the car turned around, that might've speared me.

Haven't had one since, but I'm thankful it had a full frame!

It was a good car, too.

~Matt Booker

I used to have a Grand Marquis. I'm glad it wasn't a Crown Vic, even if the differences are strictly cosmetic.
    A Town Car is in my future.

It has taken the ending of the platform, to make me want many more...

The Raptor is a frivolous project at a time when Ford has no business screwing around with frivolous projects. As such, it's the best kind of vehicle one built with damn-the-torpedoes passion. In a rational world, it wouldn't exist. Thank God we don't live in a rational world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezbok58a View Post
    It has taken the ending of the platform, to make me want many more...
    Me too. I never really thought I'd want one again. Now I kind of do.

Back in '03 I had decided that once I graduated and got a real job I'd buy a brand new Marauder.

They quit making them before I graduated.

2012 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Me too. I never really thought I'd want one again. Now I kind of do.
    Having rented a '11 down in Charlotte, I really missed the lethargic stock CV. The gradual push in the back of the seat, the sweet singing of the 4.6 as it climbs the RPMs, and how easy and controllable it is to get the car to powerslide when making an illegal U-turn. :nod:

I want one stock to compliment mine...thanks to depreciation it might be doable without effecting my other plans.

The Raptor is a frivolous project at a time when Ford has no business screwing around with frivolous projects. As such, it's the best kind of vehicle one built with damn-the-torpedoes passion. In a rational world, it wouldn't exist. Thank God we don't live in a rational world.