+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hmm,

It's failing to launch on my Alienware M11x and Steam says it failed file validation. Going to reinstall and reboot...

78 AM General M35A2 deuce and a half - 03 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE
    ~~ Preparing for the inevitable zombie apocalypse since 2009 ~~

I had that error too, windows 7?

Run it in compatibility mode for windows XP sp3 and as administrator. I'm not sure if one or both options are required but it worked for me.

2012 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    10GB done, now Patching...

Going to have to relearn the controls. heh
    I have one of these and it makes it SO much nicer. Setting a macro to slow pulse the held key makes space battles less annoying. Ground battles I can't do that because I am Mr. DPS/Engineer....

Heading home in a few minutes and should be on. Account is TDSP, Char is Merry Choppins

That reminds me, I have one of these that would probably be good to use with ST:O. It was recycled at my store but was still in the original box. Now if I could just remember where I put it...

Man, I'm like hours from Commander and I have to stop and finish up shit in my shop tonight

you saw nothing....
    wow that game stdio is like 10 miles away

I originally purchased ST:O through Steam. When I was reinstalling last night, it said I had already played 57 hours. lol

Still need to figure out why it won't play on my new machine. Looks like I may have to dust off the ol' desktop. I hope the Core I7 Extreme 965 3.2GHz quad core and dual ATI Radeon HD 6770s 1GB editions running Cross Fire can handle the game.

Hmm, no idea with steam. I do know I have to run my non-steam version as administrator to get it to start up

Steam complicates matters... But getting the right options on the exe should do it.

I'm a jonesin to get back to it. Sadly, the duty officer thing is REALLY neat. I play engineer and I assigned a duty officer to me because he improved phaser turret, I was in a tough as fuck battle with a bunch of gorn and I "crited" with the duty officer and I got 3x turrets beamed in instead of one.

Steam basically sucks and if I didn't like the half-life based games so much I'd boycott it completely for sucking so bad... but that's for another thread

I am going to be playing some more tonight, probably in the next few minutes. I'm Iwol Chuckup... account is cowman207 if anyone is looking.