+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Rear Admiral?

~Matt Booker

Stay off my poop deck.

2012 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed

I'm a level 2 leftenant.

I have been fighting Borg all day. Just got me a better weapon so I am less useless. Gonna log on and do invasion so I can get the weapons remodulator that doesn't SUCK at 2 am.

Just hit commander
    RIP my child 6/20/04 - 3/12/10

Ok, got the better Weapons remodulator about 4 am after the invasion event wrapped up, also hit Vice Admiral (50) during that. Tested the new remodualtor by doing a 1337 level ground instance I did pretty well, but nobody on my crew was super good, so it took a full hour. Then I got my reward.... and got a POS shield instead of salvage

Oh well, I'll have some more time this weekend before it ends at 2 am tomorrow to try a few more times.

What ends at 2am tomorrow?

Season 5 Borg episodes. You can play the 4 storyline missions any time, but then there are these 6 (3 ground, 3 space) hard as fuck co-op missions that REQUIRE 5 decent to good players to get through. They are in the PVE queues once you hit RA, U (45) for 48 hours from Friday at 2 am EST to Sunday at 2 am EST. There's an hour cooldown on each one, so you can't super specialize. Your reward makes it worth doing: 400 or 1100 dilithium ore depending on which difficulty and a chance at borg tech you can turn in for everything from freed duty officers to borg optimized weapons to the real prize, shipboard borg components.

The other borg fighting I've been doing is the Defera invasion ground missions. You need to do that to get a better frequency remodulator. The initial one you get from a replicator is annoyingly slow (4 seconds). Just to give you an idea, I can have both turrets down and a drone half fabricated in that time. The replacement isn't amazingly better (3 seconds), but it's enough faster to give you a fighting chance if you are being overrun. If you can get 3-5 good ground fighters, you also can get dilithium boxes and GOOD items by doing the hard level missions. I can solo medium level missions, I just need 2 other people who are 45 or better to help me for the hard. Defera takes place for 2 hours at a time (one at noon and one at 2 am est) three days a week (Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday).

Managed to do 4 runs last night before the event ended. Got 7 rare salvage from them, w00t! Put it all into better beam weapons for my ship. Did a gorn minefield daily after and was taking on whole fleets of frigates solo

I've been doing borg missions the last few days and I managed to get two pieces of the Mk XI M.A.C.O. set (shields and deflector). Now, not only is my ship a lot more awesome looking on high detail, the borg also have serious problems killing me with the big boost to passive resistance two pieces of the set give AND I hit harder because my beam weapons have more power.

I decided to do a test last night by playing the sector invasion and I can now knock out a normal borg cube solo

Next step is to grab the last three anti-borg phaser arrays and the final piece of the M.A.C.O. set and to finish figuring out my science and engineering consoles/bridge officers. Then it's time to start grinding out gear for the ground....