+ Reply to Thread
    you saw nothing....

Dream gear weel never have

stuff they don't quite make or that is so expensive that would be awesome to have

i am thinking a giant water cooled coffee table sized case with
    twin amd 8 core cpu,s 24 gigs of ram
    and some decently high end graphics cards
    and a network media server built in with 10-20 1TB hard drives
    built into the bottom
    a wall of 4 42" hdtvs flipped portrais style

2012 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed

you saw nothing....
    but does it play shooters?

still needs a keyboard and mouse..

Is a "weel" anything like a wheel?

We will....

I have a black ed thuban (32 gb of DDR3, dual 6970's, Corsair H80 and a Koolance 135 for the video cards) and a Core2Quad (16gb of DDR2, dual 5830's, Corsair H60) running in my shop right now and an unlocked i7 (16 gb, Dual 6870's, Corsair H60 and I might buy a Koolance system for the cards...) sitting in the pile of hardware that will become a Hackintosh once my SSD ships I'm pretty far along the "diminishing returns" scale...

That being said:
    6x 30 inch Ultrasharps and some sort of a frame to hold all 6 in a 3x2 matrix
    Some sort of pre-built scavenger to pull the heat from all three sets of radiators without dumping it into the room for the summer
    A Denon AVR-5308CI(A) and custom Cambridge speakers for the four zones I care about (living room, workshop, bedroom and kitchen)
    Something like an InFocus IN5535L or a Optima Pro 8000
    Some sort of Bulldozer based ultrabook with something like a fuel cell system to power it
    An iPhone that has had the $10,000 exotic saphire face upgrade

you saw nothing....
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSP View Post
    We will....

That being said:
    6x 30 inch Ultrasharps and some sort of a frame to hold all 6 in a 3x2 matrix
    Some sort of pre-built scavenger to pull the heat from all three sets of radiators without dumping it into the room for the summer
    A Denon AVR-5308CI(A) and custom Cambridge speakers for the four zones I care about (living room, workshop, bedroom and kitchen)
    Something like an InFocus IN5535L or a Optima Pro 8000
    Some sort of Bulldozer based ultrabook with something like a fuel cell system to power it
    An iPhone that has had the $10,000 exotic saphire face upgrade
    far as the heat thing why not a very large radiator to run everything through and a fairly large tank shared by all the equipment i mean a cheap aluminum "racing" radiator could do the job and probably cost less than those little brand name computer radiators just setup a fitting manifold block on the inlet and outlets with quick disconnects and mount the main portion of the setup in a basement or hang outside a window in a AC looking box.. having more fluid would keep it cool a lot longer , bedsides if you can get a 3m part number you could also get Completely non conductive fluid from 3m up to 55gallon drums.

kinda on my dream list of stuff myself
    3m non conductive fluid
    Last edited by lynchingacers; 01-05-2012 at 06:43 PM.

I've looked into it in the past and I don't want the noise from the pumps that I'd need to drive that kind of setup.

My best solution to date was in my old apartment where it was hot about 10 months of the year due to steam heat. I had a big massive plenum I built with dryer duct going to every piece of equipment and then I took a big, quiet, slow moving fan that was made for venting livestock and I used that to draw enough air to make up for the slack in the system from the dryer hose. That system still had it's problems though: critters got into it a couple times a year, I had to keep a can of spray adhesive and foil tape next to it because the relatively tame vibration would still cause pinhole leaks and tears, and we won't even talk about the winter when the thing somehow managed to channel freezing rain into itself till it was packed full

I think my eventual solution will be to build a scavenger with some sort of rigid ducting. I am thinking PVC because I can put higher positive pressure on it using a blower outside of the house and it won't be as fucking delicate.

Also, regarding that fluid, have you seen this? I've seen one of the servers in person and it's impressive as hell. Also, $15,000 It's a far cry from the old mineral oil systems that would eventually start breaking down PCBs