+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ford's SVT F-150 Raptor

If you don't know what this thing is...

Basically an F-150 that comes from the factory built-up for serious off-roading.
    6.2l V8, 4.10 electronic locking axles, longer suspension travel, tougher suspension(seriously just look at the picture and video)

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=35339

I've known all about it for a while, at least I thought I did... then I saw the price listed on Ford's site and I looked up the invoice...

$38,511 for the supercab without any options... and really the base model is pretty well-equipped as-is.

I don't do enough really serious off-roading to justify it(my land is almost all flat and I have nowhere to go and tear up stuff) but damn that really is a hell of a lot of truck for that price. I don't think you could build one up on your own with aftermarket parts for that.

2012 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed

I'd love one.... but I don't feel like having my entire fun budget for a month being spent on a truck payment for something I likely won't drive

Love one... Have other things that take priority over a 55k truck that I would rarely use as a truck...

The Raptor is a frivolous project at a time when Ford has no business screwing around with frivolous projects. As such, it's the best kind of vehicle one built with damn-the-torpedoes passion. In a rational world, it wouldn't exist. Thank God we don't live in a rational world.

If you don't order a ton of options it's actually under 40...

Quote Originally Posted by cowman View Post
    If you don't order a ton of options it's actually under 40...
    Who the hell wants no options? if I get a new car I'm getting one with what I want. And a Raptor the way I want it is 55k

The Raptor is a frivolous project at a time when Ford has no business screwing around with frivolous projects. As such, it's the best kind of vehicle one built with damn-the-torpedoes passion. In a rational world, it wouldn't exist. Thank God we don't live in a rational world.

What options do you want?

AIDS, bird flu, and floor mats.

ooh they really get you on the floor mats.

My first truck was an '80 F-250 Custom.

It had rubber floors, vinyl seats, manual vents(as in you have to pull little slide doors open in the floorboard). It did have a heater, no AC though... manual windows, no cruise, etc.

Raptor comes with keyless entry power windows/locks, AC, alarm system, power mirrors, towing package, window defroster, keypad entry, skid plates, cruise control, and Sync. Thats the base model....

What the heck else do you want? That's pretty damn good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cowman View Post
    My first truck was an '80 F-250 Custom.

It had rubber floors, vinyl seats, manual vents(as in you have to pull little slide doors open in the floorboard). It did have a heater, no AC though... manual windows, no cruise, etc.

Raptor comes with keyless entry power windows/locks, AC, alarm system, power mirrors, towing package, window defroster, keypad entry, skid plates, cruise control, and Sync. Thats the base model....

What the heck else do you want? That's pretty damn good to me.
    Supercrew, luxury package, moonroof, navigation, rear-view camera, stowable-bed extender, side graphics, hood graphics...maybe the interior color package, not fond of the blue though...