+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullshit i Say!

you saw nothing....

I think I've done most of the things on the cyber cafe list... except not in a cyber cafe.

2012 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed

It is important to remember that just because someone’s speech,
    actions, beliefs, appearance, or way of life is different; it does not
    mean that he or she is suspicious
    I like how they stuck that all the way at the bottom, almost like an afterthought.

n00b
    Piffle.

I'm already on so damned many watch lists for being a GW vet and assorted military training that I honestly doubt I could get put on any more.

I went to buy some Pyrodex a few years ago - had to put my name on yet another list (state law.) Why? Because California is worried I could use it to make pipe bombs.

Really? I can think of several dozen better ways to make bombs with more power than confined FFg Pyrodex - all taught to me at government expense (which were refinements on what granddad taught me when I was a kid,) and why would I want to use FFg when I could make better explosives out of urine or aspirin? Mouldable shaped charges, too!

Or when I can extract nitroglycerine from double-base smokeless powder. Or just make nitroglycerine itself in the first place. Or...

Give me access to a hardware store, a drugstore, or a grocery store, and I can probably find a few dozen ways to blow the place up.

Why are GW vets on the watch list? PTSD. (I didn't get PTSD until later. Not from the war - those psych evals are clean. Oddly, I got it from being hit by a car a few years ago. However, now that I have "Gulf War Vet" and "PTSD" in my records, I got put on another watch list.)

The Democrats have long put me on watch lists, because I write them to tell them what they're doing wrong and to knock it off. I don't threaten them - I'm civil, and offer to discuss, but LE buddies have told me that I'm on nearly every watch list they have access to.

And, when I get called in for "watches & warrants," Dispatch always advises the officer to consider me "armed and dangerous." "Armed" I'll go with. "Dangerous?" That's an easy one to handle - be civil, and don't piss me off. Ask the OP - I'm a nice guy!

The problem is that the people have had the means to effectively defend themselves taken away - which creates a vacuum of force, which they then demand that the government fill. Once that happened, .gov kept looking for ways to expand it and to give themselves a monopoly on force.

I think of 11SEP2001 - four planes taken down with fucking box cutters?!? Try that on me - I've had kids pull six-inch blades and pistols me on, and I wasn't impressed. A boxcutter? The hardest thing about that will be trying to thoroughly kick your ass while I'm laughing...

(And then, if they've taken the cockpit crew out, I'm still familiar enough with the basic mechanics of flight that I could probably bring the thing in for a landing. It's been a few years, but I was a very good acro pilot...)

Land, and the Air Marshals ask where the prisoners are. "Check the First Class overhead bins, where you see people leaning against the hatches. Don't expect them to be able to walk, I wanted to make sure they'll stay put. Here's their kneecaps..." (as I hand over a small plastic bag.)

I like privacy.
    Does that make me subversive?
    This is way too close to the Red Scare bullshit I remember as a kid.
    How do such authoritarian assholes get so much power in a free country?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I like privacy.
    Say, that's mighty dangerous thinking, son. :disgust:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I like privacy.
    Does that make me subversive?

Because we have moved to the point where no one wants anyone else to be offended by anything...this is from the free love and hippy bullshit age...we need some cops beating up on hippies!

The Raptor is a frivolous project at a time when Ford has no business screwing around with frivolous projects. As such, it's the best kind of vehicle one built with damn-the-torpedoes passion. In a rational world, it wouldn't exist. Thank God we don't live in a rational world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezbok58a View Post
    Because we have moved to the point where no one wants anyone else to be offended by anything...this is from the free love and hippy bullshit age...we need some cops beating up on hippies!
    This predates that time by nearly a whole generation. You have managed to totally miss the point.
    The offended are right.
    The cops are being used to back assholes. We should all be offended.

you saw nothing....
    found this thought it was worth a post

n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezbok58a View Post
    If you go through life trying to offend no-one, you're going to offend someone.

As far as me goes? I've got a great deal more respect for someone who tells me what's on his mind - whether I'm going to like it or not - than I do for someone who goes to the effort to not offend me