+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fired for truth

I've been trying to figure out since the 2008 election just what the hell the big difference people see in these candidates is. If you ignore the tone and the rhetoric and focus on what they are saying they're actually going to do(and more importantly what they actually do in office) it's pretty much the exact same stuff with slightly different emphasis and spin to impress their party.

Ron Paul is the only guy running who holds the least bit of appeal to me. Obama went back on pretty much everything that got him elected by people who wanted change. Romney is probably going to be the challenger and honestly I think he's the Republican John Kerry. Newt... LAWL... and Santorum.. also LAWL. You gotta be kidding me.

2012 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed

you saw nothing....
    gotta agree cow man they all seem insane and full of shit except ron paul

Ron Paul's insanity is just directed towards women and atheists.
    "Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one." - Bill Hicks

What's he doing to women and atheists?

Raping them. For Jesus.

"Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one." - Bill Hicks

I've actually read what those quotes are taken from. It's out of context and the conclusions drawn are complete bullshit.
    The actual text was him responding to people trying to ban Christmas displays from public property and that sort of thing. Paul is very open about his faith and opinions on it but if you listen to the man and what his views on the role of government are, he's actually pretty hands off on religious issues- which is what I think a secular nations politicians ought to be.

Note that his very article admits that Paul is opposed to a ban on abortion, at least at the federal level.

You should really listen to him in debates(tons on YouTube) or read some of what he's written. Most of what I get from journalists sounds like either the journalist didn't listen very well or is intentionally trying to mislead people. I realize that sounds a little paranoiD, but like I said listen to him in his own words and unedited and I think you might change your mind.

I'll do that this weekend and report back, Cow.