+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I has it!

Will get pics tomorrow when there's enough light to get a decent one. There are a couple niggling UI issues I have right now, but I'll get over them. The turn signal/dimmer controls are sort of "soft" switches. What I mean is you move the signal lever up say to turn left and hold it all the way up to engage the normal turn signal. It doesn't give you that positive feedback of "locking in" like every other car I've ever driven does. I kept thinking I was only hitting the flash to pass and sort of double-tapping it which as it turns out cancels the turn signal.

The dimmer control is the same way sort of, it's a pull straight back to toggle which is actually something I used back in the day with the 80s fords and was annoyed at when they changed to push forward/pull back style controls like the mid 90s-2000s had. So I gotta re-learn that too.

The 6-speed auto feels strange after having drive 4-speed autos forever. Not bad, it's very smooth but it's different. Pretty good handling for a truck although there's zero road feel through the steering wheel. Trac control does it's job, it wouldn't let me do the manuever I was doing in my old truck(goose the gas on the ice in front of the garage to make it spin around 90degrees and face the garage door). I'll probably hit the disable button and try it as I get more used to it.

Also, it is taller than my old truck. I had to adjust my shop light so it didn't drag across the top of the cab pulling in.

2012 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed

You suck.

That is all.

n00b
    That's a great-looking truck! Nice.

As an aside, I wish badly for Ford to build a full-size Bronco on that platform. That would look tremendously good.

Wel, the bad news is that it cost nearly $100 to fill the gas tank. The good news is that today was the first time I've done so since buying it.

I don't think I'll be actually *filling* my tank for quite a while.

Here's something I noticed a couple mornings ago and forgot to post.

Truck was left out in the frost. As it was warming up, a pair of very artificial and distinct patterns showed up on the rear glass. Residue freon something that held onto the glass during manufacture maybe?

Is such a thing possible?

Residue [from] something that held onto the glass during manufacture maybe?
    You got it, from the suction cups on the robot that swings the glass into position. You may notice a couple more non-patterned ones show up on the inside of the windshield if it wasn't prepped.

Alex.