+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I love the idea, but there's one more bit of information I failed to mention.

If I didn't live in a low valley surrounded on all sides by trees I'd be able to use the local wireless ISP.

Basically I picked the worst location in the area to buy a house internet-wise.

2012 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed

Quote Originally Posted by lynchingacers View Post
    i wonder how many watts you can crank out of one of those its already pushing 1 over half ... might install a fan

its all in the antennas... well mostly
    take that and put on a highly directional antenna for its secondary and use a high gain directional for your home end would prolly boost signal a ton.
    maybe something like a pair of these Antennas
    If you did it clean enough to not get caught, you could probably get away with 3-4 Watts... The FCC tends to bust people when they are trashing other frequencies, and I could see any number of the hacks you'd want to use trashing home phones/business radio/other people's wifi to the point that a ham would turn you in. But for that amount of power, you might as well just take your technician test for amateur radio and look at something like an athertros based hack or a ubiquiti nanostation. I keep thinking about putting up a tower and buying the right ministation and trying to get a WAN setup so that I can have a nice operating area, but I am not 100% on how far I'd actually get and how small I could get an amplified radio to talk back to home.

I have a pair of "dish" style MTIs with +30db (no clue on wattage) Linear amps that I have used for long distance testing and otherwise getting into Wi-fi I needed to get into from a distance

you saw nothing....
    no way to make a "stealth Ham antenna" on youre house i assume

Like one that's not obvious or one that's not in the air? You could mount one of those nanostations wherever, you just get exponentially more range the higher you get it. As far as making it not obvious, just take the few hours and pay the relatively small $ and get a ham license. It's not worth risking the $2K fine over $18

you saw nothing....
    ham license and ham"lookalike antenna" 50 ft wifi antenna lol

btw am on the 4chan server right nau

Team Fortress, really?
    Is this 2003 again?

It's vintage.

Steam servers won't let me download the game files :P