+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a new cordless drill....

This was suggested, but I'm not sure if that "impact" would be worth anything.

Any thoughts? I've already destroyed a DeWalt and two Craftsmans

Mike has the DeWalt version of that impact and it has almost completely replaced the air ratchet in the garage. The DW version is rated like 100lb/ft.

Also, stop being so hard on your shit. Even getting tossed around and left outside in the rain at races hasn't fazed my Dewalts.

I wear out bearings by running them too much in a short period, which is unfortunately is required when I am doing a big network install and mounting anchors. I tried rotating drills, but it's a lot easier to carry battery packs than an extra drill and packs.

you saw nothing....
    DEWALT Drills we been beating on them for years in metal shop ( high school morons mostly 9hrs a day..)
    i wanted there 3/8" or 1/2" impact one soo much but its expensive

I use DeWalt also, I use them. I would get a DeWalt drill and impactor set. I had Makita and they sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by TDSP View Post
    I wear out bearings by running them too much in a short period, which is unfortunately is required when I am doing a big network install and mounting anchors. I tried rotating drills, but it's a lot easier to carry battery packs than an extra drill and packs.

Makita, Milwalkee, or Dewalt.

Used many Makitas over the years. Still got a 15-20 year old 8200D hammer drill (9.6v) that put in daily duty for many years doing what your doing every day. Never killed a drills bearings though (you one of those guys that can't push a drill straight?) We've also got a handful of 6020D's and its older red bodied siblings kicking around the shop from the same time period. Times like this I wish I kept track of just how many holes I drilled, but it was all into concrete, block or brick.

Presently, I've got two makitas (7.2v & electric (oldest and most used)), a dewalt (18v), and milwalkee (14.4v) riding around with me everyday.

Alex.

I wear out bearings by running them too much in a short period,
    Push your drill in straight. Never killed a bearing in a drill yet and I've still got an old 8200D hammer drill (9.6v) that did daily duty doing what your doing.

I'd only consider Milwalkee, Dewalt and Makitas.

Alex.

I can push my drill in straight when I'm on anything approaching level ground or when I'm not upside down or when I have a nice stable scissors lift. Unfortunately, I can typically have one of those three conditions satisfied I really think the DeWalt died of heat from the three days of running all three battery packs till they died and setting it down while the last one finished charging it up to stage. I knew it was torture, but it was $$$ to get the thing done before a deadline.

I'm gonna actually call Milwaukee CPO and see what they have that hasn't made the website yet, I wasn't satisfied with those offerings when I was looking yesterday.

you saw nothing....
    cant you just buy the bearings and replace them??

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/dew...1009_1162.html
    Last edited by lynchingacers; 01-19-2012 at 04:33 AM.

I had no idea such a place existed