PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: Online - Now free to play!

TDSP
01-05-2012, 07:48 PM
This was in my email box today:

We are pleased to announce that the doors are opening a little early for Star Trek Online free-to-play for a limited set of people.
Starting tomorrow (Thursday, January 5th), anyone with a lapsed subscription to Star Trek Online will be able to log into the game and play as a Silver member. This means that any account that has in the past subscribed to the game, even if only for the initial month, can come back and play for free!
For those of you not familiar with the difference between Gold (subscriber) and Silver (non-subscriber) membership, you can refer to the features matrix. The most important fact is that previous subscribers can jump right in and play their existing characters with no extra steps and no loss of anything they previously gained for their characters.
Early access is our way of thanking the many loyal customers who sat in the Captainís chair during the past two years. Free-to-play opens for the general public in less than two weeks, on 17-01 (January 17th).
Welcome back!
Stephen DíAngelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_features

Cow and I played a few times, and it was fun. Anyone else wanna join Iwol Chuckup and Merry Choppins on missions to explore uranus :lol:

cowman
01-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I hope I can find the install disk.

TDSP
01-05-2012, 08:06 PM
You can download it buuuuuuudy! Check your email, there's a link right in it.

cowman
01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
How big is it(currently @ work&mobile). Do you have to download updates post-install? I'm bandwidth impaired...

ronman
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
So could I, as a noob, come in and play for free? And would I be able to raid and gain XP using teamspeak with you guise?

TDSP
01-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Ya Rly!

cowman
01-05-2012, 10:17 PM
DouglASS, you suck at e-mailing :|

TDSP
01-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Sent again. Do you want me to spoon feed you and change your diapee next?

cowman
01-05-2012, 10:33 PM
yes.

cowman
01-05-2012, 11:08 PM
It's > 3 Gigs :guh:

cowman
01-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Ok I still have the install from wayyyyy back on another hard drive.... Attempting copy-to install manuever...

cowman
01-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Update still > 3gb but liek 400MB less or so.

:facepalm:

TDSP
01-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Yeah, I just started mine :ohnoes:

I had to clear space on this thing's primary SSD

cowman
01-06-2012, 02:58 AM
OMG it's ridiculous.... patch after patch after patch.

cowman
01-06-2012, 03:33 AM
Yay, got it back up. I probably need to explore what's changed...

bed for now.

cowman
01-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Wife is busy tonight. Anyone up for this or TF2 or something ?

TDSP
01-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Booker and I are gonna :NERDS: at FNM tonight, but if you are still up when I get home, hells yes.

Matt Booker
01-07-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/99problems.jpg

~Matt Booker

The Giant Noodle
01-08-2012, 03:06 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!! I tried to log in a month ago but couldnt. grrrrrrrr......
Ill try again! :D

TDSP
01-08-2012, 03:30 AM
I just installed it today before I started a ringjob on a Vespa for one of my friends (upcoming content alert).

I might logon tonight if anyone is up.

Jinx
01-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Got to go to bed now, but I'll have to reload this game tomorrow. I was a member for several months but quit because it was very repetitive. Free to play is probably enough to get me back in though.

TDSP
01-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I'm in photoediting hell anyway...

TDSP
01-09-2012, 05:40 PM
LTC Merry Choppins played for about six hours last night while I was waiting on machines to grind spinrite/anti-malware. I just played through the Section 31 missions with the Devonians and thought it was well done... even if they were a PITA to mow down because of drain.

Matt Booker
01-09-2012, 05:45 PM
It's not one of those online games where you just sit around and do boring things, is it?

A couple of guys that I worked with years ago were playing the Star Wars MMO and one of them did nothing but craft weapons to sell. The other was at least a bounty hunter.

~Matt Booker

cowman
01-09-2012, 05:51 PM
You fly your starship around and take on missions where you get XP to level up in rank and resources/items to upgrade your ship with.

There are also away team missions... same deal. It does let you do all the mmorpg dress up and farming stuff if you really want but there's stuff to do with real storylines.

Matt Booker
01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
See, that sounds fine. More like a traditional game.

As opposed to some variation on farmville.

~Matt Booker

TDSP
01-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Yeah, the only "farming" I do are instance missions where it's almost like crack a pack in magic level of good equipment you can get (and you still get XP). There's TONS of content. Also, my "lower decks" crew is earning me resources in real time while I'm at work because you keep em on missions 24/7 if you can :)

It's a good multifaceted MMO.

Jinx
01-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I joined when ST:O first came out. There wasn't any lower decks stuff in the game yet and the missions were very limited. Mostly a small variation on 10 or so repetitive missions. I'm glad to hear they've updated the game to add more content.

Oh yeah, it's still downloading. Darn 10GB of data. I haven't even started the patches yet.

TDSP
01-09-2012, 09:05 PM
There's just one 420 mb patch.

Jinx
01-09-2012, 09:13 PM
10GB done, now Patching...

Going to have to relearn the controls. heh

Jinx
01-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Hmm,

It's failing to launch on my Alienware M11x and Steam says it failed file validation. Going to reinstall and reboot...

cowman
01-09-2012, 09:47 PM
I had that error too, windows 7?

Run it in compatibility mode for windows XP sp3 and as administrator. I'm not sure if one or both options are required but it worked for me.

TDSP
01-09-2012, 09:57 PM
10GB done, now Patching...

Going to have to relearn the controls. heh

I have one of these (http://www.logitech.com/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/5123) and it makes it SO much nicer. Setting a macro to slow pulse the held key makes space battles less annoying. Ground battles I can't do that because I am Mr. DPS/Engineer....

Heading home in a few minutes and should be on. Account is TDSP, Char is Merry Choppins

Jinx
01-09-2012, 10:05 PM
That reminds me, I have one of these (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2450752&CatId=141) that would probably be good to use with ST:O. It was recycled at my store but was still in the original box. Now if I could just remember where I put it...

TDSP
01-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Man, I'm like hours from Commander and I have to stop and finish up shit in my shop tonight :|

lynchingacers
01-10-2012, 05:57 PM
wow that game stdio is like 10 miles away

Jinx
01-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I originally purchased ST:O through Steam. When I was reinstalling last night, it said I had already played 57 hours. lol

Still need to figure out why it won't play on my new machine. Looks like I may have to dust off the ol' desktop. I hope the Core I7 Extreme 965 3.2GHz quad core and dual ATI Radeon HD 6770s 1GB editions running Cross Fire can handle the game. ;)

cowman
01-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Hmm, no idea with steam. I do know I have to run my non-steam version as administrator to get it to start up

TDSP
01-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Steam complicates matters... But getting the right options on the exe should do it.

I'm a jonesin to get back to it. Sadly, the duty officer thing is REALLY neat. I play engineer and I assigned a duty officer to me because he improved phaser turret, I was in a tough as fuck battle with a bunch of gorn and I "crited" with the duty officer and I got 3x turrets beamed in instead of one.

cowman
01-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Steam basically sucks and if I didn't like the half-life based games so much I'd boycott it completely for sucking so bad... but that's for another thread ;)

I am going to be playing some more tonight, probably in the next few minutes. I'm Iwol Chuckup... account is cowman207 if anyone is looking.

TDSP
01-11-2012, 05:46 AM
I made commander tonight and had to stop right after I got a bunch of new toys :P I FINALLY have the kit to drop like 3 buff terminals now.

9 more days till I start putting the squeeze on those of you that are in my chat list to hop on and play when it goes 100% free.

Matt Booker
01-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I'd have to buy a new computer first. Therefore it is not free.

:ilied:

~Matt Booker

cowman
01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
How old is your computer? It isn't too demanding.

Here are the requirements.

OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Memory: 1GB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
HDD: 10GB Free Disk Space
Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
Disc: 6X DVD-ROM
The recommended system specifications are:

OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
CPU: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 5600+
Memory: 2GB RAM+
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
HDD: 10GB Free Disk Space
Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

Matt Booker
01-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Yeah, this is a P4 3.07ghz. :lulz:

I'll upgrade eventually. I don't do much on this aside from write, browse, edit images, and watch videos.

~Matt Booker

TDSP
01-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Dude.

Drive to Pittsfield and look around my scrap pile. We can build you something to do it.

cowman
01-11-2012, 05:29 PM
That, and next time I upgrade I'll give you a deal on my old stuff. ;)

Matt Booker
01-11-2012, 05:55 PM
:ohmy:

~Matt Booker

TDSP
01-11-2012, 06:01 PM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/194/8/0/Do_It_Faggot_by_Shananigin_Frang.jpg

ilcopcarguy
01-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Dude.

Drive to Pittsfield and look around my scrap pile. We can build you something to do it.

Hey Doug, in that pile you wouldn't happen to have a hard drive that would work in a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop, would you? I don't need to get the ancient relic running, but if I could find a cheap/free drive...

TDSP
01-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Prolly.... remind me to look. Your parts still aren't through USPS yet :(

Jinx
01-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Got the game up and running last night. Boy have things changed! I got to visit Starfleet Academy, which wasn't there when was playing the Beta. Got some of those lower ranks to do work as well! I can't remember if there was a way to quickly travel from one system to another, so it did take awhile to get around. My ol' ship Aka Maru (named after a dog on Naruto (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Akamaru)) is still a site to behold! Dual phaser banks aft and three phaserbanks forwards! This ship is made for fighting!

I had to reallocate my skillpoints. Apparently that was revamped since the last time I played. Basically dumped all my skills in offense and defense. Of course by the time I figured all this stuff out, it was late and I had to shut it down for the night. Hopefully I'll find some time to play this weekend.

TDSP
01-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I did all that. The daily events are a bigger thing now. I ran around for most of an hour scanning for particles at the Academy and got lots of dilithium from it (I wish I was there the full hour so I got the full 2300 chest).

ilcopcarguy
01-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Snowbound you say? :argh:

cowman
01-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Oh boy another 400+ MB patch :rolleyes:

liapreser78
01-13-2012, 01:03 AM
I am a spammer and because I was enough of an ass to spam a real thread with my excriment, I didn't just get my IP address of 24.128.33.166 banned, I got 24.128.33.* banned.

WAY TO GO DIPSHIT

TDSP
01-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Yeah, I was pissed about that. Not the patch itself, the fact that their downtime ran 2 hrs over so I didn't get to assign duty officers this morning :|

I'm a commander 25 and am doing storyline missions now. I need to actually get some people and do big ground events like borg incursion. I turn anything within a radius of me into a tank :look:

TDSP
01-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Woot! Just made Captain and "Attache". Been killing Romulans a lot.

TDSP
01-16-2012, 09:24 PM
When I stopped last night (I had stuff spinriting and grinding anti-spyware all night), I had broken Cap 37 and had gotten another 3 tier one duty officer ranks unlocked. I should hit 38 with a quick exploration and be able to finish out the Romulan Storyline.

I'm actually getting beastly enough at hand to hand I think another comparable character could pair up and do the Temple Dig site with any other warm bodies that come in from the queue *hint hint*

If nothing else, anyone who wants to do F2P starting tomorrow night, I'll start a new character

6 Speed
01-20-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm on if anyone wants to friend me. Lumpy@LumpyCheeseman in game

TDSP
01-20-2012, 12:11 PM
I just hit Rear Admiral Upper. I've been saving for better gear the whole game and am now having to grind up crafting skill to make it. I think my ultimate goal, due to the fact that I'm running a cruiser and have my eye on grabbing a dreadnaught is to just absolutely max phasers and available power.

Also, tribble breeding (http://www.stowiki.org/images/1/1c/Tribble_Breeding_Chart.png).

Matt Booker
01-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Rear Admiral?

:gigidy:

~Matt Booker

cowman
01-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Stay off my poop deck.

ronman
01-22-2012, 04:34 AM
I'm a level 2 leftenant. :(

TDSP
01-22-2012, 05:11 AM
I have been fighting Borg all day. Just got me a better weapon so I am less useless. Gonna log on and do invasion so I can get the weapons remodulator that doesn't SUCK at 2 am.

6 Speed
01-22-2012, 06:06 AM
Just hit commander

TDSP
01-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Ok, got the better Weapons remodulator about 4 am after the invasion event wrapped up, also hit Vice Admiral (50) during that. Tested the new remodualtor by doing a 1337 level ground instance :ohnoes: I did pretty well, but nobody on my crew was super good, so it took a full hour. Then I got my reward.... and got a POS shield instead of salvage :|

Oh well, I'll have some more time this weekend before it ends at 2 am tomorrow to try a few more times.

ronman
01-22-2012, 05:11 PM
What ends at 2am tomorrow?

TDSP
01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Season 5 Borg episodes. You can play the 4 storyline missions any time, but then there are these 6 (3 ground, 3 space) hard as fuck co-op missions that REQUIRE 5 decent to good players to get through. They are in the PVE queues once you hit RA, U (45) for 48 hours from Friday at 2 am EST to Sunday at 2 am EST. There's an hour cooldown on each one, so you can't super specialize. Your reward makes it worth doing: 400 or 1100 dilithium ore depending on which difficulty and a chance at borg tech you can turn in for everything from freed duty officers to borg optimized weapons to the real prize, shipboard borg components.

The other borg fighting I've been doing is the Defera invasion ground missions. You need to do that to get a better frequency remodulator. The initial one you get from a replicator is annoyingly slow (4 seconds). Just to give you an idea, I can have both turrets down and a drone half fabricated in that time. The replacement isn't amazingly better (3 seconds), but it's enough faster to give you a fighting chance if you are being overrun. If you can get 3-5 good ground fighters, you also can get dilithium boxes and GOOD items by doing the hard level missions. I can solo medium level missions, I just need 2 other people who are 45 or better to help me for the hard. Defera takes place for 2 hours at a time (one at noon and one at 2 am est) three days a week (Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday).

TDSP
01-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Managed to do 4 runs last night before the event ended. Got 7 rare salvage from them, w00t! Put it all into better beam weapons for my ship. Did a gorn minefield daily after and was taking on whole fleets of frigates solo :evil2:

TDSP
01-27-2012, 01:25 PM
I've been doing borg missions the last few days and I managed to get two pieces of the Mk XI M.A.C.O. set (shields and deflector). Now, not only is my ship a lot more awesome looking on high detail, the borg also have serious problems killing me with the big boost to passive resistance two pieces of the set give AND I hit harder because my beam weapons have more power.

I decided to do a test last night by playing the sector invasion and I can now knock out a normal borg cube solo :look:

Next step is to grab the last three anti-borg phaser arrays and the final piece of the M.A.C.O. set and to finish figuring out my science and engineering consoles/bridge officers. Then it's time to start grinding out gear for the ground....

TDSP
01-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Odyssey Class Starship

http://geeks-and-gears.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13&d=1327747053

As part of the Star Trek Online Second Anniversary event, all Federation characters of at least level 5 will be able to acquire the new Odyssey class starship for free. You must be a Vice Admiral to operate the Odyssey class starship. Any character below Vice Admiral rank will receive an inventory item that can be opened later, upon achieving Vice Admiral, in order to access the ship.
The design of this ship is credited to Adam Ilhe, winner of the Design the Next Enterprise contest held last year.
This starship is the newest ship in the Starfleet arsenal, and so we’re sure that you are all wondering what the full capabilities of this ship are. The final stats are still classified and are subject to last minute changes, but our intelligence group has collected the information below.
Stephen D’Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Starship Details
The pinnacle of Federation starship design, the Odyssey Star Cruiser will carry the Federation into a new generation of exploration.
In honor of this monumental technological achievement, Starfleet Command has authorized the construction of a new flagship. This vessel, the U.S.S. Enterprise-F, will embolden its crew to embrace the principles of exploration and cooperation that are the hallmarks of the Federation. In the Odyssey class, crews will explore strange new worlds, seek out new lifeforms and new civilizations and boldly go where no ship has gone before.
The Odyssey class is the largest vessel ever created by Starfleet. Its massive size makes it very resilient, but its turn rate is reduced by the bulk of the vessel. The Odyssey's unique split saucer pylon reduces subspace wake at higher warp speeds. The Odyssey is designed as an extreme long-range vessel, and can operate for long periods of time away from support. Because of this, it is the most versatile cruiser ever developed by the Starfleet Corps of Engineers and features Universal Ensign and Lieutenant Commander Bridge Offer Stations that can by operated by any Bridge Officer class.
Requires: Vice Admiral rank (level 50)
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Device Slots: 4
Console Upgrades: 2 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 3 Science
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Science, 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal
Hull Strength: 42,000
Maximum Warp: 9.996
Turn Rate: 6
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
Shield Modifier: 1.15
+10 Power to Shields, +10 Power to Auxiliary
Season 5 News Dev Blog Index

MUWAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!

Jinx
01-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Argh! I really need to get back into this game! Skyrim has been taking up my gaming time lately. According to Steam I have over 70 hours already invested in it. The sad thing is I haven't even started the main story yet.

6 Speed
01-31-2012, 08:12 PM
WOOHOO!! I'm now Captain on both my Federation and Klingon toons.

TDSP
02-02-2012, 05:05 AM
I need a faster laptop so I can run it while I'm working...

Right now I am on my Eee :|

Jinx
02-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Eee PCs are great for portablility, but I'd hate to use one for work.

cowman
02-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah I'd rather just use an iPad and VNC into a real computer if needed.

TDSP
02-04-2012, 07:39 AM
It's perfect for what I'm doing. My paperwork, Eee, Light Meter (calibrating a flash as part of the install), emergency toolkit and some jerky all fit in my Perry Ellis satchel.

TDSP
02-04-2012, 07:16 PM
B5znfFotn0A

Time to put my new ship to good use...

TDSP
02-05-2012, 10:52 PM
This morning, while doing my laundry and glaring at the pile of paperwork I have to catch up on, I got a Tactical character to level 5 so I could get him an Odyssey class. I'm still deciding if I wanna do that with a science character or a Klingon before Monday. I should do both, but I don't feel like grinding early missions repeatedly :|

Long story short, if someone wants to run early missions, I have a dude for that :look:

ronman
02-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I, too, just reached level 5 yesterday.

TDSP
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Did you get your Odyssey class voucher yet? If not, get yer ass to earth spacedock and grab one. The event ends tonight at 2 am and I think that they will likely put a premium version of the Odyssey in the C-Store with some dumb console for 400-1600 points ($5-20).

ronman
02-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes, I got it last night.

TDSP
02-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Sweet! Now to figure out what skills work best on one, lol.

ronman
02-06-2012, 05:44 PM
It doesn't unlock til you become a vice-admiral (level 50 or something) I think...

TDSP
02-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Yeah, Merry Choppins has been there for about a month or so. I got my Silver Star (75 Special Task Force Missions) and my 80th encrypted chip last night. I promptly turned it in for the third piece of the M.A.C.O. set (shipboard) and I'm amused by the perques. I move faster at warp AND I get a special beam that smacks a borg and shuts the thing down for 5 seconds.

I am now back to making a choice about what ground set I want.... I like the passive on the Omega force set, but I like two of the abilities on the M.A.C.O. better, so I'm kinda conflicted.

ronman
02-06-2012, 07:14 PM
I have no idea what any of that means.
Also, "perks."

TDSP
02-06-2012, 07:52 PM
My Engineer Character I started the game with is at level 50. You get accolades (think achievements) for doing certain things and I got my Silver Star one last night. You get a trinket for each Special Task Force mission you do from the player vs environment queue (5 people do a mission). I turned in 40 of those chips last night for a MkXI Impluse Engine that's part of the MACO set. I had the shield and deflector already from 40 trinkets and one more rare but not super rare trinket I turned in (I got it randomly). 10 Trinkets gets you a Mk X version of MACO or Omega Force space sets. A super rare special gets you a Mk XII piece. Two pieces gives you a nice bonus, for example I got more aux power (helps weapons) and WAY Nicer resistances from two of the MACO set. The third piece gives me a special ability that lets me zap borg, which is not totally broken, but when you hit a cube in the middle of 5 people beating on it, 5 seconds is a LOT of hull damage.

I now need to start saving my trinkets to get better ground gear. As it stands, I am using a "Good" ground weapon I got for two rare trinkets and just my gear from solo missions. I am a strong character on the ground till you get me into these STF missions. I die easily and can't take out anything really nasty yet. A Mk XI set would do a lot to fix that. I'm just not sure which Mk XI set I wanna get. I know I also need to get better bridge officers to assign to duty officer slots to get better bonuses. The ones I use on the ground now beam in an extra drone and an extra turret on occasion, but they are weak versions.

ronman
02-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Most of my shit is mk II, so I have no idea what all that stuff is capable of.

TDSP
02-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Mk II is level appropriate.

Your real choices are how things suit your play style. For example, on ship weapons I figured out pretty early that I could just sell off all my shit that I didn't need and get phasers and some random good torpedo launcher (best DPS I Could get) and it was WAY effective cause the phasers will randomly roll a exploit to knock out a subsystem on the enemy ship (engines, weapons, shields). The other popular one is anti-protons because they just give insane better damage when they get a critical hit. The shields, deflectors, armor, etc only matter as to how high their ability is to absorb damage and how fast they regenerate.

ronman
02-06-2012, 09:42 PM
I just made it to level 6 but the mission I'm on is bugging. I quit the game mid-mission because it wouldn't let me do anything, and now I'm gonna log back in and see if it reset. Hopefully...

ronman
02-11-2012, 12:04 AM
ARRGH SHITHEADMOTHERFUCKERS
I played the Doomsday Machine level on advanced difficulty and after I deaded all the Klingons and the DM I told my bitch I didn't want to warp out of the system just yet, because there were 5 anomalies to scan.
So I go scan them, then warp out of the system, and the game hangs for a few seconds and then I'm back in my Federation ship with a prompt to start the mission. :reallyfuckingpissed:

6 Speed
02-11-2012, 12:48 AM
I hit Rear Admiral, Upper today. At the rate I'm going I'll be Vice Admiral by Monday

ronman
02-11-2012, 01:10 AM
You've been a rear admiral for years, Lumpy. ;)

6 Speed
02-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Meow listen here, youse!!

What level are you at now? Did you get your Odyssey class during the promo?

ronman
02-11-2012, 01:42 AM
I did. I'm 17 right now, I'd be 18 if the last level hadn't fucked me in the EPS relay. :|

6 Speed
02-11-2012, 01:46 AM
Oops...

Are you picking up lock boxes from any Cardassian foes? Not sure if thats a higher level thing or everybody. I've been seeing a lot of people dropping Galor Class Cardassian cruisers from the boxes, but I haven't gotten any keys for mine yet.

ronman
02-11-2012, 01:48 AM
I've got like 6 so far.

ronman
02-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Raptor Jesus, I just played through the mission AGAIN and had the same fucking outcome. There are several posts on the official STO forum from people having the same problem, dating back a week. :|

TDSP
02-12-2012, 01:47 AM
I'm a bit cross with them now. I am stuck halfway through the 2800 cause I am waiting on the crush of people to do the space mission :|

I am happy that I am starting in to the MK XII phaser upgrade. Hopefully that will let me do elliete STF missions and be able to do something other than probe duty.

6 Speed
02-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Vice Admiral :D

ronman
02-12-2012, 02:17 PM
:mad:

TDSP
02-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Good job! ;)

Now you get to start hunting for better gear.

TDSP
02-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Prelude to The 2800: Second Wave

http://www.startrekonline.com/dyncontent/startrek/uploads/secondwave_blog021012.jpg

Personal Log, Lieutenant Commander C'thal, Starbase 375
My team has completed our analysis of the Jem'Hadar vessel – a 35-year-old mystery found floating derelict in a system two light years from nowhere. Another team is investigating what happened to the crew. I think their working theory involves a quantum anomaly.
Our job was to find out all we could about the ship itself.
At this point, I'm not sure what to tell Admiral Sola. That's not a position I like. The admiral looks to the Starfleet Corps of Engineers to solve any problem. I'm used to being able to give her what she wants.
We've confirmed that this vessel is from the Dominion War. Quantum dating puts its construction somewhere around stardate 51133, and analysis of the materials used in its construction turned up trace energy signatures that are only found in ships created at the Dominion shipyards in the Rakhar sector.
Every Jem'Hadar ship that Starfleet has found derelict – and there were dozens scattered across seven sectors – is from the same fleet. We're assuming that the ones the Klingons found in their space are connected, but they haven't been inclined to share technical data with their enemies. I can't say I blame them.
At least I know where this "ghost fleet" came from. The neutrinos detected by the Belfast when they found this ship in the Enocha system were the key. At first I thought that they indicated that there was a cloaked ship in the region, but it didn't make sense. If the ship was there as bait for some trap, then whoever placed it there wouldn't have simply let us haul it away.
Besides, these ships found over a six-week period, and neutrinos were detected on all of them. That's a heck of an operation – I don't know of anyone who could have pulled that off.
Anyone on a cloaked ship, that is. The neutrinos had to come from somewhere. We looked at coded neutrino pulses, searched for neutrino fields in the systems where the ships were found – I even asked the Belfast to go back to where it found the ship and search for signs of null space. Lieutenant Commander Tem, the Belfast's science officer, argued that null space only develops during the formation of star systems and that the Enocha system was far too stable for their creation. She was right, of course, but by then I was grasping at straws.
Tem was the one who finally figured out the mystery of the neutrinos. They came from a wormhole. More specifically, they came from the Bajoran wormhole. Great!
But solving that mystery just brought up more questions. How did that ship get from the wormhole to the Enocha system? Why didn't DS9 detect any unusual activity from the wormhole in the time period in which the ships appeared?
And why would the Bajoran wormhole start spitting out Dominion ships?
It's safe to assume that the appearance of the ships is a temporal anomaly. We know that the wormhole contains large amounts of verteron nodes. Maybe there is some variation in the nodes that caused the temporal anomalies? Does that mean the wormhole is destabilizing?
Lieutenant Commander Tem is from Bajor, so I asked her if she had any insights. She doesn't think the wormhole is in danger of destabilizing, but recommended that DS9 send out a runabout to do a proton scan anyway.
Like I said, I was reaching for any explanation at this point, so I started searching old logs from the Dominion War. Took me about six hours, but I found something.
During Operation Return in 2374, there was a report that a wave of Dominion reinforcement ships passed a listening post in the Gamma Quadrant and then entered the wormhole, but never came out. Could these ships be from that fleet? And if they are, what happened to the rest of them?
As far as I can find, the U.S.S. Defiant was the only Federation vessel in range of the Dominion ships. I've requested her sensor logs and battle reports, but a lot of them are still classified.
If I can't get the files through official channels, maybe there is another way. The Old Man was on the Defiant that day. If anyone knows what happened, he will.

Speculation is raging over the old Man being O'Brien or Dax...

ronman
02-14-2012, 04:03 PM
It'd be nice if I could actually advance in the fucking story... they still haven't fixed the bug that keeps me from advancing. :|

TDSP
02-14-2012, 04:16 PM
You can do the feature mission now. If I end up a no-go to travel tonight, I'll call you and see if Merry has better luck rushing you ;)

TDSP
02-15-2012, 02:33 AM
Merry Choppins@MerryChoppins was issued a Galor-class Cardassian cruiser!

First key I used on a gold box. *Cackles maniacally*

ronman
02-21-2012, 05:01 AM
My first gold box was duty officer pack with a purple bitch in it.
And I just now hit level 25.

TDSP
02-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey, any purple quality DoFF is nice. I had one when I was a captain and still beaming in Turret II and when she'd hit, I'd get a Turret III and occasionally 2 of them...

TDSP
02-22-2012, 04:56 AM
OMFG, a guy who I worked with last year just opened his 2nd galor out of 3 stacks of keys. Sounds like gold boxes actually have some merit :look:

TDSP
03-01-2012, 05:38 AM
WOO! My tac officer just broke Captain. Also, Ronniekins cracked a Galor and I cracked a console requisition. I grabbed the DS9 pack for the DoFFs and one of my characters is using the phaser pistol :look: