PDA

View Full Version : Maddox on SOPA

cowman
01-28-2012, 01:55 AM
http://maddox.xmission.com/

As usual he makes a good point while being entertaining.

TDSP
01-28-2012, 08:21 AM
I should print a shirt with those companies...

cowman
01-29-2012, 12:32 AM
I wish people would get as mad about the amount of corporate money that flows to members of congress from corporations/special interests. That problem is exactly why we get laws like SOPA pushed through(and Maddox is right, they will probably just slip it in to another bill somewhere).

We're still at a point where if enough people push hard enough and do not let up they will be forced to do something. I don't know how long this is going to last though and people just don't get as excited about this issue as other things.

I'm afraid I don't have the kind of cash it takes to buy a congressman. :(

krasnyoktyabr
01-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I wish people would get as mad about the amount of corporate money that flows to members of congress from corporations/special interests. That problem is exactly why we get laws like SOPA pushed through(and Maddox is right, they will probably just slip it in to another bill somewhere).

We're still at a point where if enough people push hard enough and do not let up they will be forced to do something. I don't know how long this is going to last though and people just don't get as excited about this issue as other things.

I'm afraid I don't have the kind of cash it takes to buy a congressman. :(

Just support a lobbyist group that shares your beleifs. I have given money to both the NRA and The Heritage Foundation as they lobby in favor of ideals I support.